Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
❖ ❖ ❖ A Welcome Message from the Executive Director ❖ ❖ ❖
The 47th Annual Conference of the German Studies Association will take place October 5-8, 2023, in 🇨🇦 Montréal, Québec, Canada 🇨🇦.
We are pleased to announce that this year's conference submissions system will once again be hosted on the OpenWater conference platform.
The 2023 GSA Conference is an in-person conference; participants may not attend virtually (e.g. Zoom, FaceTime, etc.) or have their papers read in absentia.
Please refer to the important dates below. You can find more information about the conference, including conference travel support, and regular updates on the current conference page of our GSA website.
2023 Conference submission schedule
- 16 January (11:59pm PST): Seminar proposals due
- 3 March (11:59pm PST): Seminar participation applications due (a separate call for auditors will be sent out later)
- 27 March (11:59pm PDT): All paper, panel, and roundtable proposals due
- Early May: Acceptances sent out to panel, roundtable, and individual paper submitters.
- Mid to late May: Preliminary schedule emailed to presenters
- Mid to late May: Conference registration portal (including hotel registration link) published and announced to members
Instructions (for a detailed step-by-step guide to using the submission portal, click here.)
- Review the GSA's rules for conference participation before beginning your application.
- Current (2023) GSA members can log in to the conference submission portal using their GSA username and password by clicking on "My Account" in the upper-right corner of this page.
- If you have been a member of the GSA in the past but have not yet renewed your membership for 2023, you will be redirected to the GSA membership renewal page after logging in with your GSA username and password at "My Account" above. You can verify your membership status at any time in your member profile on the GSA website, where you will see your current membership status displayed. If the expiry date is 2022 or earlier (see screenshot example here), you will need to renew your GSA membership before you can proceed with your conference submission.
- If you have never been a member of the GSA and do not have an account, you can register for a new membership here.
- Submit your proposal via the appropriate drop-down selection under "Submit" in the upper-right corner of this page.
Please contact Ursula Sykes at JHUP should you encounter problems with your GSA log-in credentials (GSA staff cannot assist with member profile issues).
If you encounter technical difficulties after logging in to the OpenWater submission portal or have general questions, please contact Operations Director Dr. Jennifer L. Jenkins.
We look forward to your submissions for #thegsa2023!